Monday, August 10, 2009

Graphic Medication



















































So I recently purchased this book, because being someone obsessed
with modernism, Geigy and their graphic design is the equivalent of
the Dallas Cowboys in the mid nineties. They simply take the football
shaped cake and share it's greatness with everyone. Im only a little
of the way through, but it is truly an intriguing insight into the world
of this chemical manufacturer...who one would think would never
draw interest from someone such as myself. Seriously, just look at that
miticide container above...it is simply beautiful. I mean the "2E" literally
takes into account the alignment of the trademark. I can't get over that.
It knocks me over...out of my chair literally. Check out the book, It's called
Corporate Diversity: Swiss Graphic Design and Advertising at Geigy 1940-
1970
. Get on it team.


Musical Medication: New Order-Movement, Joy Division-Closer and Unknown
Pleasures, Pains of Being Pure at Heart, and Broadcast.

No comments: